Monday, January 29, 2007

I can do more than surf the Internet, ya know?


I do actually sit down and read a book or two. I do sometimes take out time away from the Internet. At this moment these are the two books that I am reading. I have others, but they were in the other room at the time of shooting. :-) lol

The Dale Carnegie is one that the PPA suggested that you read if you are a photographer and trying to run a successful business. The second is one that I picked up at one of the camera stores. I hadn't seen that one before and thought I'd give it a look. So far both have some outstanding advice in them.

Especially the Successful Self-Promotion for Photographers one. It stresses the import qualities of being successful like being true to yourself, knowing what you want and being willing to challenge yourself, to name a few. The last statement I found to be very true especially since we're on day 29 of our 365 challenge. I have found that 24 days (remember I started on 1/5??) of shooting has been very challenging. But I'm hanging in there. So I've got 24 down 336 to go! Woo hoo!

Have you had your portrait created today?

Betty

3 comments:

Robyn said...

That book sounds great. Might have to see if I can get hold of it.

Monica said...

I love to read too! I'll definitely check this book out.

I'm tagging you.. check out my blog for details..

:)

Tara said...

I love reading. once I start a book I cant put it down till I finish it.

Dang it Monica beat me to it, but
I am tagging you too!